Business Insights & Analytics
We know those working in Pharmaceutical Market Research and Business Analytics are striving to best understand their markets and the dynamics between the different stakeholders including: patients, physicians, payers, pharmacies, and other influencers.
Lab testing and their associated results play a major role in understanding patients’ health and the decision of their treating physicians in many different markets.
Standardized lab-testing data can help pharmaceutical brands to understand the number of providers treating patients and the number of patients with certain lab results, such as:
- Genetic mutations
- Relapsing conditions
- Those patients whose condition isn’t currently under control
HCPs are 20 times more likely to change therapy for uncontrolled patients
The Importance of Lab Testing
Understanding the progression of a disease is integral to better healthcare decisions and outcomes. In the case of a prolific disease like Type 2 Diabetes and its associated co-morbidities lab test-based solutions are crucial to earlier intervention.
How Lab Tests Help Illuminate the Patient Journey
When doing patient journey mapping and studies, incorporating lab tests and results is critical to understanding the cause or the “why” for certain physician and patient actions. Depending on the condition, physicians may use lab tests to:
- Confirm a suspected diagnosis
- Identify if the patient has any gene mutations that would make them eligible for targeted therapies
- Monitor if therapy is working or if a patients’ disease has progressed or relapsed, and/or
- Monitor that current therapy is being well tolerated