Checklist: Helping Life Sciences Choose a RWD Marketplace
- September 20, 2021
- Posted in Marketplace
Real-world data (RWD) pharmaceutical marketplaces are on the rise and are transforming the curation and acquisition of patient-level data.
Prognos Health is the leading digital health data marketplace in the industry and we’ve outlined a brief guide of what to look for when choosing an RWD marketplace for your life sciences organization. A comprehensive list of these features is outlined in the eBook, Accelerate Pharma Value With Marketplace Data Buying. Here ‘s the checklist:
- True patient centricity — Select a marketplace that delivers a sophisticated, yet simple workflow that starts with the patient — not the data source. Prognos Marketplace:
• Gives users access to explore data by selecting the patient criteria or factors they are interested in (e.g. disease, associated lab tests and prescriptions, comorbidities, etc.)
• Presents users with the sources within the repository that contain data on those specific patient types.
- Easy linkability — Choose a marketplace that uses a standardized tokenization vendor rather than one with proprietary encryption technology to standardize patient-level data.
• Prognos partners with the leading health data connectivity vendor, Datavant.
• RWD from the Prognos Marketplace will be able to easily integrate with any of the other sources in Datavant’s sizable ecosystem. Streamlining downstream integration in this way saves time and countless resources.The downside of a marketplace that leverages proprietary tokenization is that it will not integrate easily with outside sources that don’t use that same token.
- Deep clinical expertise & guidance — Partner with a marketplace vendor who gives you access to a seasoned network of on-staff clinical experts.
• Clinical data, and lab data in particular, is messy and includes both numeric and semantic content and key metrics are often presented in many different ways depending on the data source.
• Harmonizing and standardizing data can be a challenge without the appropriate technology and a clinical background. Furthermore, you may find that you require support in ensuring the cohort you build is aligned appropriately with your desired use case
• Prognos Health’s clinical resources have proven to be valuable collaboration partners when designing patient cohorts, helping you identify the most appropriate clinical criteria and leading you to the best sources of data for your use case. This collaboration can save you time and ensure the accuracy of your data sets.
These three important differentiators simply scratch the surface of how the Prognos Marketplace outperforms the competition.
Experience the value these and other features can add to your HEOR and Commercial efforts.
Schedule a discovery call with one of our clinical experts today.